Friday, July 29, 2011

Rockstar Mohawk

You've been telling me you wanted a mohawk so here it is. You've worn a mohawk for about the last 2 weeks. The 1st week the hair was cornrowed straight up into the mohawk & the 2nd week it was redone, we'll talk about that later.

I washed and throughly detangled your hair & then started my style. I parted your hair slightly off the middle (more to the side than the middle). I then used my metal rat tail comb to part your hair for the cornrows.

I continued parting and cornrowing until I was at the bottom.

I then moved to the other side of your head parted slightly off center and parted and cornrowed that side.

Once I was done I separated the hair that was left out into 3-4 sections and braided them.

The next morning I took out the 3-4 braids which left you with a cute braidout mohawk style.

The picture below was taken while I was still working on it. I don't have a finished picture-sorry.


The next week I wanted to switch it up a bit. So, I did a criss-cross cornrow style. To do this I parted the hair down the middle and tied off one side. Everything is the same except that for the criss cross. Instead of cornrowing from hairline to crown I cornrowed halfway up, lifted and braided regularly, then crossed that over to the parted section beside it and cornrowed it with that hair, up into the crown. It seems confusing, I know. But looking at the pictures, it should make sense.

Once I finished cornrowing each side I then sectioned off the left out hair and braided for a braidout for the next day.


The reason I parted the hair to the side and not down the middle on the first style is because your hair isn't that thick and I wanted a lot of hair in the middle. You can see the difference in the second style when I did part your hair down the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment